Wedding Planning Season is Here!
People often think of wedding season as June through October. Well, around the studio, it's January. Why? Because that's why the majority of my weddings for 2016 get booked. So many couples get engaged over the holidays and if you think about it, it's a great time for it. What says love and hope for the future more than the good spirits of Christmas? Once the rush of seeing family and giving presents is over, many brides spend January getting down to the business of picking dates, venue and photographers. (In that order :-) )
A few quick tips for getting down to the business of choosing your photographer:
1) Match your style. Every photographer has a different style, just like every bride does.
2) Don't go cheap. I've heard as much as a third of a budget should be spent on a photographer. Stick to what you can afford, but please keep in mind that when the day is done, them memories, the pictures and the husband are all you have left.
3) Look for experience. You don't want to be directing your photographer
4) It's worth it to hire a professional instead of having a friend. Family and friends often mean well but lack experience sometimes family drama can really hurt that relationship.
5) Don't take the first to come along. Meet with several photographers and makes sure you explore your options before you just take the first at the top of the search engine results. Not all personalities mesh well.
If you want to know more about what to expect at a consultation or questions to ask a potetional photographer, read my blog 'Things to Ask a Wedding Photographer' An honest look at what we photographers want you to know and ask, not what a reporter in a magazine thinks you should ask.
Good luck and Happy Planning to all you Couples out there!